Sunday 8 August 2010

PART 2: Project: Points, Exercise: Multiple Points

I chose the elements of this still life as cufflinks and a watch. The cufflinks were small enough to be points and the watch was the main subject. I wanted a composition which didn’t look too artificial.

I tried seven arrangements shown above. Looking at the series of images, I prefer the third one and analysing the compositions below shows that there are two curved diagonals leading to the watch and the watch itself is placed diagonally, the dynamics of the diagonals are probably the appeal of the composition to me.



Key Learning Points

Multiple points can be used on a couple of levels. One as interesting compositional shapes themselves but also since the eye/brain interprets a series of points as a line, they can also be used as leading lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment