Saturday 14 November 2009

INTRO Project: Getting to know your camera

I'm pretty familiar with my D90 but there are a few things I hadn't got to grips with so I took this opportunity to experiment and get familiar with the autofocus settings, flash sync and custom white balance referring to the manual, my D90 magic lantern guide and Nikon D90 for Dummies.

I've had my camera on AF-C for a while now because it allows a shot to be taken when the focus lock isn't activated. I feel it gives me a bit more flexibility when the main point of focus isn't always on one of the AF points. I hadn't really played with the AF-Area modes leaving the camera in auto area, I didn't see a lot of difference between single point and dynamic area but I was quite impressed with the 3d tracking and can see situations where I might use this.

I experimented with the slow sync and rear sync flash settings and understood that these allow the background to be exposed seperately from the flash. Need to get my head around and experiment with which white balance setting to use with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment